Advanced - themes and topics
|Back to the Advanced main page
These topics can be used to get good class discussions going and to enable students to see English used in authentic ways.
Water Shortages Now And In The Future.
Terrorism in the U.S.
- What does the future hold after the attacks?
- Eyewitness accounts of a terrible day
- Analysis of the Situation
- Letters against new gun controls
- Letters in favour of new gun controls
- The Situation in Canada
- The Situation for the Year 2000 U.S. Presidential Election
- Don't Blame the Guns: Ashcroft
Corporal Punishment/Smacking Children
- Letters on the Subject: in favour and against smacking
- Article on British intolerance of children
- Article: Pro-spanking Evangelists visit the UK
- Summary of Arguments For and Against Spanking
Third World Debt and Debt Relief
- Is Cancelling the Debt the Best Solution?
- Letters Giving Both Sides to the Argument
- History of the Problem
- Exercises that can be done in association with these articles.
English as International Language/ Esperanto
- Letters in favour of English as international language
- Letters against English as international language
- The Alternative: Esperanto
Commercialization of Christmas
- Has Christmas become too commercial? No way!!
- Attacking Christmas the oldest Christmas tradition!
- The Vicar and The Shopkeeper
|Back to the Proficiency main page