C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is word formation where a student needs to uses a root such as 'friend' and creates an appropriate word (friendly, befriend, friendship) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Word Formation Worksheet 8.
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. You need to take three of these red pills ______________.
2. He is being very ______________ about his whereabouts last night.
3. It is his ______________ which I find so ______________. He is normally such a truthful boy!
4. If you look on the other side of the cup, you will find a small ______________ with the name of the original manufacturer.
5. Reports on the invasion are still very unclear, as are the ______________ of what this will prompt the government to do.
6. The next time you are in a dark place in the countryside at night, look up at the night sky and wonder at the ______________ stars set out in the heavens before you.
7. This new law will not only affect cinemas in the United States but could have ______________ significant effects on the film industry ______________.
8. As he was walking home late last night, Mr. Jones saw a strange ______________ shape in the sky and rang the police immediately.