C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is word formation where a student needs to uses a root such as 'friend' and creates an appropriate word (friendly, befriend, friendship) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Word Formation Worksheet 8 - Answer Sheet
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. You need to take three of these red pills __DAILY__.
2. He is being very __MYSTERIOUS__ about his whereabouts last night.
3. It is his __DISHONESTY__ which I find so __INCOMPREHENSIBLE__. He is normally such a truthful boy!
4. If you look on the other side of the cup, you will find a small __ENGRAVING__ with the name of the original manufacturer.
5. Reports on the invasion are still very unclear, as are the __IMPLICATIONS__ of what this will prompt the government to do.
6. The next time you are in a dark place in the countryside at night, look up at the night sky and wonder at the __INNUMERABLE__ stars set out in the heavens before you.
7. This new law will not only affect cinemas in the United States but could have __DRAMATICALLY__ significant effects on the film industry __WORLDWIDE__.
8. As he was walking home late last night, Mr. Jones saw a strange __SPHERICAL__ shape in the sky and rang the police immediately.