C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is word formation where a student needs to uses a root such as 'friend' and creates an appropriate word (friendly, befriend, friendship) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Word Formation Worksheet 7 - Answer Sheet
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. Walk on for about half a mile and when you see the __CLEARANCE__ in the forest
2. I don't know why I rang you so late. I just had this __UNBELIEVABLE__ __COMPULSION__ to speak to you.
3. __REGARDLESS__ of how you feel about it, this company has to go ahead with the redundancy plan.
4. The boy was punished for an __UNWILLINGNESS__ to apologise to the two boys.
5. Anthony is a quiet, __BOOKISH__ type. You will always find him reading or studying something.
6. This plane is also fitted with the latest ground __AVOIDANCE__ radar and a totally __COMPUTERIZED__ take-off and landing system.
7. These solar batteries will work not only when the sun is shining but as long as there is any __DAYLIGHT__.