C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is word formation where a student needs to uses a root such as 'friend' and creates an appropriate word (friendly, befriend, friendship) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Word Formation Worksheet 6
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. After the cup final, the ______________ team ______________ back to the hotel parading the cup as they went.
2. If you want to be a professional ______________, you have to practice every day.
3. ______________, I wouldn't spend so much money on a hat but it just suits me perfectly.
4. The ______________ gave an ______________ performance and the audience gave him a ______________ ovation for more than five minutes.
5. Is this mark on my skirt ______________ or not? I should more careful drinking coffee!
6. Far from being a drunkard, my father is actually a perfect example of ______________.
7. Jiminez has a sprained knee and is very ______________ for the finals.