C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is word formation where a student needs to uses a root such as 'friend' and creates an appropriate word (friendly, befriend, friendship) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Word Formation Worksheet 2
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. I am looking to leave in order to find a new job, ______________ of whether Mr. Perkins offers me more money or not.
2. It was a ______________ minor accident but tragically, one of the two drivers died.
3. Most of the activities we did on the course were ______________ and irrelevant. I think it is very ______________ to spend money on these things.
4. The best way to solve this dispute is to find a neutral, ______________ third party and follow his or her suggestions.
5. To join the police, there is normally both an age and a ______________ ______________.
6. You have been ______________ important to the success of this company. I don't know what I would have done without you.
7. His performance in the match today ______________ his reputation as a great player.