C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Word Formation Worksheets >> The third part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is word formation where a student needs to uses a root such as 'friend' and creates an appropriate word (friendly, befriend, friendship) to fill the gap in a text.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Word Formation Worksheet 13
For each question, fill the space or spaces in the sentence using the base word given in bold below. The required word may be a noun, adverb, adjective or verb and it may be either positive (e.g. helpful) or negative (e.g. unhelpful).
1. Your dog is ______________ intelligent. You should try and get him on TV!
2. The damage to the car after the accident was ______________ and repairs cost a fortune.
3. The latest Impressionist exhibition is a wonderful ______________ spectacle.
4. My son was very ______________ accused of cheating at school. I will help to prove his innocence.
5. Scientists now understand how much nutritional ______________ there is in a coconut.
6. There is an ______________ collection of Egyptian relics at the British Museum in London.
7. She bribed a politician in an attempt to ______________ her career.
8. ______________ as I am to speaking in public, I'll make this as short as possible.