Advanced Level >> Error Correction/Editing Worksheets >> A series of worksheets focusing on the 'extra word' type of editing. Each sentence on the worksheet has an extra word which students have to find. Tests student knowledge of a wide variety of grammatical and lexical forms.
Extra Word Worksheet 6
For each sentence, find the word that doesn't belong.
e.g. I didn't want to study any longer but my mother made me
to continue for another hour.
1. Most of people find the experience of unemployment very disheartening.
2. Please let me to accompany Derek to the station Mr. Grant. I'll come back as soon as possible.
3. I didn't want to spend too long speaking to him because of I didn't know him.
4. Harold was so disappointed with that he promised never to return to the same store again.
5. They had been sold the bicycle three months before because they needed the money.
6. You went to the college party last night, didn't you? How many were in there?
7. If you tell to me what I should do, then I can do it.
8. It was a lot more very expensive in Vancouver than I expected. I had used up all my money within three days and had to return home.