Advanced Level >> Error Correction/Editing Worksheets >> A series of worksheets focusing on the 'extra word' type of editing. Each sentence on the worksheet has an extra word which students have to find. Tests student knowledge of a wide variety of grammatical and lexical forms.
Extra Word Worksheet 3
For each sentence, find the word that doesn't belong.
e.g. I didn't want to study any longer but my mother made me
to continue for another hour.
1. We need to work much more harder if we want to finish this on time.
2. Have you used to my computer in the last few weeks Liam?
3. OK, to make this pie, we need more of beef and also a little milk.
4. Sir, you were driving at a speed of at least seventy miles for an hour! Can I see your licence?
5. I took those pills but I don't feel any better. I feel a lot of worse!
6. Where did you put off the car keys? I can't find them anywhere!
7. If there is the loud music, I get a headache very quickly. I have always been like that.
8. Excuse me. I would like an advice on where the cheaper hotels are in this city. Could you help me?