Advanced Level >> Error Correction/Editing Worksheets >> A series of worksheets focusing on the 'extra word' type of editing. Each sentence on the worksheet has an extra word which students have to find. Tests student knowledge of a wide variety of grammatical and lexical forms.
Extra Word Worksheet 10
For each sentence, find the word that doesn't belong.
e.g. I didn't want to study any longer but my mother made me
to continue for another hour.
1. This area used to be full of dinosaurs but that was a long before humans inhabited the area 20,000 years ago.
2. The old town bridge was been built three hundred years ago by a man whose wife died giving birth to their only child.
3. Don't throw it away if you think you can use of it again in the future. Just keep it in storage somewhere.
4. When you have left the house last night, you forgot to take your science assignment. Do you want me to bring it over to your house later on?
5. "You shouldn't eat the bananas in your condition. They contain too much potassium. Eat some other fruit.
6. Jane was terrified when she saw the horse. She was only six and had never seen a so big horse like that before.
7. Thank you waiter. I will have a coffee but my wife doesn't want something one.
8. Phone to me as soon as you arrive at the hotel. Then I can stop worrying if you have arrived or not.