Third Conditional Situations Multiple Choice Worksheet
For each question, read the situation and choose the best sentence using the third conditional.
1. If it had rained, the flowers wouldn't have died.
2. If I had known how good the new computers were, I would have bought one.
3. If I had known the game was on Channel 4, I would have watched it.
4. If I had studied more, I would have passed the test.
5. If I had known my friend was going to call, I wouldn't have gone to bed so early.
6. If I had been more careful, I wouldn't have spilled the milk.
7. If the car hadn't been going so fast, it wouldn't have run off the road.
8. If I could have unlocked the door, I wouldn't have needed to ask for help.
9. I wouldn't have been tired in the morning if we hadn't gotten home so late.
10. I would have known about the accident if I had read the paper.