Mixed Conditionals Gap Fill Worksheet 2
Write one word in each space in these mixed conditional sentences. The word may be a negative contraction.
1. The children wouldn't have gotten into trouble if they had ________ more supervision.
2. The cake ________ have turned out better if we had followed the recipe.
3. If the train ________ been late, we wouldn't have missed our connection.
4. The dog ________ have run away if the people had kept him in the yard.
5. The bear wouldn't have attacked if the man ________ come so close to her cubs.
6. If only it ________ stop raining!
7. I wish I ________ eaten so much!
8. If you ________ helped me, I couldn't have finished this project.
9. If the garden were bigger, we ________ plant more vegetables.
10. I think you ________ do better if you really tried.