Wishes and Regrets Worksheet
Look at each situation and decide if it describes a past or a present situation. Then write a sentence using either "wish" or "if only".
I am too fat --> I wish I wasn't so fat. (PRESENT)
I didn't pass my exam --> If only I had passed my exam. (PAST)
1. I am not very tall.
2. I didn't learn English when I was younger.
3. I can't speak perfect English.
4. I don't go out with Britney Spears/Brad Pitt.
5. My tennis serve is useless.
6. I didn't sleep very well last night.
7. I got really badly sunburnt on the beach last summer.
8. My nose is too big.
9. I'm not the best student in the class.
10. I didn't go out with my friends to the disco-bar last night.
11. I have a terrible headache.
12. My neighbourhood is terribly noisy at night.
13. I can't play any musical instrument.
14. I have to get up early every day.