Third Conditional Worksheet
For each question, read the situation and write one sentence using the third conditional.
I didn't go to the cinema. I had seen the film. --> If I hadn't seen the film, I would have gone to the cinema.
1. I wasn't thirsty. I didn't drink the lemonade.
2. I didn't know Kirsty was in town. I didn't telephone her.
3. I didn't know watching this documentary was important for our exam. I didn't watch it.
4. I walked home from the disco. My friend was too drunk to drive.
5. I didn't go to the shops. I thought they closed at 5pm. They closed at 6pm.
6. I ate the yoghurt in the fridge. I thought it was mine, not yours.
7. I am really hungry now. I didn't have any breakfast.
8. We cancelled the game of tennis. It rained heavily all day.
9. I bought a copy of the New York Times. All the copies of USA Today were sold out.
10. I didn't see Tony at the party. I wanted to speak to him about his holiday in France.