Upper Intermediate Level >> Speaking and Conversation Materials/Discussion Starters >> Students walk around the class asking questions and giving the correct short reply. Good practice for identifying auxiliary verbs and question formation.
Make copies of both the short responses and the question prompts. Each student needs to find the corresponding reply for every question.
yes, I do!
- Has everyone understood this exercise?
- You've got mustard on your shirt?
- I was with Tony yesterday afternoon.
- He'd like to come with you tomorrow.
- My father was in the army for over twenty years.
- You didn't pass the exam.
- My brother worked in that office for a month.
- You don't like Maggie very much.
- I think he'd arrived at seven o'clock.
- I bought that shirt for only ten dollars.