Modal Verbs Multiple Choice Worksheet
Choose the correct modal verb for each of these sentences.
1. _________ you go already? You only arrived an hour ago!
2. When he was young, he _________ swim very well. He won medals and championships!
a. had to
3. The company _________ go bankrupt if they don't find a lot of money quickly!
4. You look very confused by the homework, Clive. _________ I help you?
5. I left my purse at home. Lily, _________ you lend me ten dollars?
6. It's wet and windy outside today. You _________ go out without an umbrella.
c. don't have to
7. I think that sign means we _________ enter the building. Look, there's a security guard too.
b. have to
8. Lindsay watched the movie in French and _________ understand very much of it.
a. didn't have to