Indefinite Article Gap Fill Worksheet
For each space below, choose either "a", "an" or don't put anything.
1. Give me __AN__ onion from the fridge. I need it for this recipe.
2. Doug went to __A__ university in Canada; I can't remember the name. (Use of indefinite article more natural than zero article, especially considering the speaker's uncertainty.)
3. I bought an external hard drive for Leanne at Christmas. And she got me __AN__ MP3 player!
4. If you go to __ bed one hour earlier every night, you'll feel much better.
5. He's been playing computer games in his bedroom for __AN__ hour and __A__ half!
6. It was raining so I took my rain boots - and __AN__ umbrella.
7. We visited my aunt Matilda last year. She was staying in __ hospital in Boston.
8. Under the final box, we found __A__ US flag. It was very old.