Past Simple or Present Perfect?
1. 'This is my house.' 'How long you HAVE YOU LIVED here?' 'I HAVE LIVED here since 1997.'
2. He LIVED in London for two years and then he WENT to Edinburgh.
3. When I LEFT school, I CUT my hair and HAVE WORN it short ever since.
4. Shakespeare WROTE a lot of plays.
5. My brother HAS WRITTEN several plays. He has just finished his latest.
6. I HAVEN'T SEEN him for three years. I wonder where he is.
7. He HASN'T SMOKED for two weeks. He is trying to give it up.
8. Chopin COMPOSED some of his music in Majorca.
9. 'When he DID HE ARRIVE?' 'He ARRIVED at 2 o'clock.'
10. I READ his books when I was at school. I ENJOYED them very much.
11. I can't go out because I HAVEN'T FINISHED my work yet.
12. 'I HAVE NEVER DRUNK whiskey.' 'Well, have some now!'
13. Here are your shoes. I HAVE JUST CLEANED them.
14. I LEFT home at 8.00a.m. and GOT here at 12.00p.m.
15. I MET him last June.
16. DID YOU SEE the moon last night?
17. The actors ARRIVED yesterday and STARTED practising early this morning.
18. Cervantes WROTE Don Quixote.
19. He BROKE his leg in a skiing accident last year.
20. HAVE YOU BEEN here before?
Yes, I SPENT my holidays here last year.
DID YOU HAVE a good time?
No, it never STOPPED raining.