"For" and "Since"
Fill in the spaces in these sentences with either for or since.
1. __________ the dentist took out that tooth of mine, it's been really painful. I should go back to her.
2. You have worked really well __________ the morning coffee break. Well done!
3. You've been eating chips __________ the whole of this film. Are you a little hungry?
4. I've been coming to this swimming pool __________ over ten years.
5. Those two have been married __________ 1985. They are the happiest couple I know.
6. I've had this diamond necklace __________ a very long time.
7. Are you still unemployed? You've been without a job __________ you decided to resign from that accountancy firm.
8. Mr. Gomez has been the Prime Minister __________ Mrs. Gonzalez-Panis resigned in the spring.
9. Your sister has studied __________ longer than any other student in her class for this exam.
10. __________ I was born, I have always had one arm longer than the other. The doctors can't explain it!