Past Simple Quiz
Fill in the missing word in each question - then write the answer below.
1. Where did JFK __DIE__?
Answer: __DALLAS, TEXAS, USA___
2. When did the __FIRST/SECOND__ World War begin?
3. When did the Allies __LAND__ in Normandy?
Answer: __6TH JUNE 1944__
4. Where did __RUSSIA__ invade in 1956?
5. Where did __THE UNITED STATES__ invade in 1983?
6. When did Margaret Thatcher __BECOME__ Prime Minister of the UK?
Answer: __MAY 1979__
7. When did Germany __BECOME__ one country?
Two answers!!: 1870 AND 1991
8. When did __THE WRIGHT BROTHERS__ fly the first plane?
9. When did Einstein __PUBLISH/PRESENT__ his Theory of Relativity?
10. How many goals did Paolo Rossi __SCORE__ at the 1982 World Cup finals in Spain?
11. What date did __NEIL ARMSTRONG/BUZZ ALDRIN__ walk on the moon?
Answer: __21ST JULY, 1969___
12. When did Napoleon __LOSE/FIGHT__ the Battle of Waterloo?
13. When did terrorists kill 13 __ISRAELI__ athletes at the Olympics?