TOEFL >> Reading >> In the reading part of the TOEFL exam, Passages require understanding of rhetorical functions such as cause-effect, compare-contrast and argumentation. Students answer questions about main ideas, details, inferences, essential information, sentence insertion, vocabulary, rhetorical purpose and overall ideas.
TOEFL Reading - Worksheet 6 Answers
- If it had not been for WWI, German culture in the U.S. would not have vanished.
- people with German ancestry
- the situation changed from good to bad
- flew to
- a prison for the confinement of aliens or political prisoners, generally during wartime
- isolate oneself
- the growth of German culture in the U.S.
- at the end of the last paragraph
- during World War I