TOEFL >> Reading >> In the reading part of the TOEFL exam, Passages require understanding of rhetorical functions such as cause-effect, compare-contrast and argumentation. Students answer questions about main ideas, details, inferences, essential information, sentence insertion, vocabulary, rhetorical purpose and overall ideas.
TOEFL Reading - Worksheet 5 Answers
- seismological activity in Mexico
- Mexico has more earthquakes and volcanic eruptions than most other countries.
- one plate is forced to sink below and under another plate
- an extension of the San Andreas fault
- a slip fault that is an extension of the San Andreas fault
- to support the statement that Mexico is seismologically active
- at the end of the first paragraph