TOEFL >> Reading >> In the reading part of the TOEFL exam, Passages require understanding of rhetorical functions such as cause-effect, compare-contrast and argumentation. Students answer questions about main ideas, details, inferences, essential information, sentence insertion, vocabulary, rhetorical purpose and overall ideas.
TOEFL Reading - Worksheet 4 Answers
- exceptions to standards of behavior
- women as breadwinners
- People could buy Ginsburg's poem after the court's decision.
- It helped solidify uniformity in American society.
- writers who were beats
- the poem, "Howl"
- at the beginning of the last paragraph
- The beat generation of the 1950's made possible the social revolution, including racial integration, of the 1960's.