TOEFL >> Reading >> In the reading part of the TOEFL exam, Passages require understanding of rhetorical functions such as cause-effect, compare-contrast and argumentation. Students answer questions about main ideas, details, inferences, essential information, sentence insertion, vocabulary, rhetorical purpose and overall ideas.
TOEFL Reading - Worksheet 23 Answers
- cancer among elephants is common
- because they only have one copy of p53
- because of their huge size they have many more cells than humans and these cells are all potentially at risk
- the blood cells destroy themselves
- the process of using a rational, systematic thought process to arrive at a valid conclusion
- if a cancer cell "commits suicide" it can replace itself afresh, not leaving behind a damaged cell