TOEFL >> Reading >> In the reading part of the TOEFL exam, Passages require understanding of rhetorical functions such as cause-effect, compare-contrast and argumentation. Students answer questions about main ideas, details, inferences, essential information, sentence insertion, vocabulary, rhetorical purpose and overall ideas.
TOEFL Reading - Worksheet 1
- the history of metal working, architecture, painting, and literature in Armenia
- Armenian painting and literature originated with the adoption of Christianity.
- the nineteenth century
- times of Armenian independence or semi-independence
- in the first paragraph, after the third sentence
- Ottoman Turkey and Europe copied the circular domes typical of Armenian churches.