Verb Tense Multiple Choice Worksheet 2
The following sentences are from a speeches or scripts from the automobile industry. Select the word or words that best complete the sentence.
1. Ever since Carl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler ______ the automobile back in 1886, automotive design has continued to inspire us.
2. The car's purpose ______ to bridge distances and bring people together.
3. But the promise of great individual freedom also ______ to technological and aesthetic aspirations.
- gives rise
- is giving rise
- had given rise
4. Good automotive design ______ a decisive factor in the success of an automotive brand.
- had become
- having become
- has become
5. ______ a high-performance division is a growing trend in the car industry.
- Having started
- To start
6. It ______ a century to get to this point, so I think it is worth looking at how we got here.
- is taking
- has taken
7. Enthusiasts ______ the difference between authenticity and marketing.
- can tell
- are telling
- have told
8. ______ cars built in the U.S. for more than 15 years.
- We are selling
- We want to sell
- We have been selling
9. When ______, a water mist sprayed across the intercooler absorbs additional heat from the intake air for increased power and performance.
- having been activated
10. We are becoming more international, ______ more products, investing in lots of different technologies in lots of different areas.
- are developing