Past Simple Gap Fill Worksheet
Fill in the gap with the correct past tense of the verb shown in brackets.
1. I (go) ________ shopping last Saturday.
2. When I arrived home I (realise) ________ that I had lost my house keys.
3. I (hope) ________ that my daughter was at home to open the door.
4. I (ring) ________ the doorbell but there was no reply.
5. I (look) ________ through the window to see if she was there.
6. I (see) ________ her sitting on the sofa with her headphones on.
7. I (try) ________ knocking on the window.
8. She (do) ________ not see or hear me.
9. I (think) ________ about ringing my husband who had the other key.
10. Then, fortunately, she (take) ________ off her headphones and heard me knocking.