Noun Grammar Multiple Choice Worksheet 1
The following sentences are from the United States Department of Agriculture web site. Select the word or words that best complete the sentence.
1. U.S. aquacultural production comprises ______ food fish, ornamental fish, baitfish, mollusks, crustaceans, aquatic plants, algae, and some reptiles.
- the producing
- the production of
2. _______ are grown in a wide variety of climates.
- These organisms
- The organism
- That organism
3. ______ are grown in open freshwater ponds.
- This catfish
4. The United States is one of ______ largest exporters of seafood products.
- the worlds
- the world's
5. ______ is one of the most important textile fibers in the world.
- The cotton
6. Since 1990, per capita consumption of ______ has held steady.
- the fresh fruits and vegetables
- fresh fruits and vegetables
- a fresh fruit and vegetable
7. ______, such as Chile and Peru, are dominant suppliers to the U.S. market.
- These countries
- A country
- Some countries
8. _____ in the source of irrigation water play a major role in how vulnerable different crops are to shortfalls in surface water supplies.
- The difference
- A difference
9. Crops such as rice, cotton, and _____ depend heavily on off-farm surface water.
- the beans
- a bean
10. Farms that use ______ of gravity irrigation are the most able to limit evaporation losses during the drought.
- least amount
- the least amount
- a least amount