Modal Verbs Multiple Choice Worksheet
Select the word or words that best complete the sentence.
1. Pregnant women who suffer from anemia ______ supplements to raise the level of iron in their blood.
- must to give
- must be given
2. The study indicates that we ______ increase coverage of supplementation.
- should try to
- try to
- must to try to
3. The authors noted that their results ______ pregnant women in other low- and middle-income countries.
- might to apply to
- might apply to
4. The effect on birth weight ______ depending on the prevalence of iron deficiency.
- can vary
- can to vary
- will to vary
5. A new, low-cost tool ______ developing-world cities control pollution that kills millions each year.
- may to help
- may help
- may have to help
6. What are some of the best practices that health and emergency responders ______ in mind when using social media?
- should to keep
- should keep
- will to keep
7. I ______ rather listen to country music than to jazz.
8. Joan was absent from school today. She ______ sick.
- could be
- can be
- could to be
9. ______ you mind if my sister joined us for lunch?
10. George takes tennis lessons. He ______ play tennis.