Word Stress Worksheet
Which of these words would be more stressed than the others in natural conversation? Look carefully at the context of what is being said. Sometimes there is more than one possible answer.
- David stole the money, not Mike.
- I haven't seen the film. David has.
- If you come with us to the meeting, he'll listen to what we have to say.
- I did turn off the TV before leaving the house. Don't accuse me without knowing!
- David stole the money. He didn't touch the jewelry.
- Your mother must be hungry. She ordered the salad, the fish and the pasta.
- Mike's birthday is on the twenty-eighth, not the twenty-fourth.
- David stole the money. He didn't have permission.