C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is open cloze, in which students must use only one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, relative pronouns, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 26
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. Only after he finished his homework _____________ he allowed to play video games.
2. It was hard to keep _____________ with the latest developments in the fast-paced tech industry.
3. _____________ of the brand of smartphone you buy, it should have a good camera quality.
4. Meditation helps me feel more _____________ tune with how I'm feeling emotionally.
5. My brother has a habit of sleeping _____________ at the weekends.
6. So absorbed was she in her studies that she _____________ track of time.
7. The director is as renowned for his meticulous attention to detail _____________ for his innovative storytelling.
8. The library _____________ possession of the rare books donated by the benefactor.