C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is open cloze, in which students must use only one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, relative pronouns, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 18
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. After spending years working at the safari park, she became _____________ to seeing wild animals daily.
2. The snowy weather in April was completely out of the _____________, surprising everyone involved.
3. The success of the latest project can be attributed _____________ the dedicated efforts of our team, led by Graham Chapman.
4. You seem stressed out these days. I think you have taken _____________ more tasks than you can manage.
5. Factors _____________ as these contribute to the overall success of the project.
6. _____________ 5 o'clock approaches, the workers in the office begin making preparations to leave.
7. The lecture was so profound that it _____________ an impact on everyone in the room, whether they had prior knowledge of the subject or not.
8. After the miscommunication, he had to _____________ his pride and apologise.