C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Open Cloze Worksheets >> The second part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is open cloze, in which students must use only one word to fill each space in a short text. The required words are usually grammatical, such as pronouns, articles, relative pronouns, prepositions, auxiliary verbs and so on.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Open Cloze Worksheet 11
For each space, choose ONE word which you think best completes the sentence. Look carefully at the words both before and after each space.
1. Do all your seven dogs _____________ white fur?
2. I will be acting _____________ your manager while Ben is off sick.
3. My husband and I only spend at _____________ an hour or so talking together every day.
4. I'll never become _____________ to seeing so many mobile phones being used at concerts.
5. I hated that film. _____________ perhaps you will.
6. There's no reason for you to go _____________ of your way to help me. I'm fine on my own.
7. After three days of heat, change is _____________ the horizon with a cold front moving in tomorrow.
8. I hate grammar and it makes _____________ nearly 40% of the Italian exam I have to sit for.