C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 22 - Answer Sheet
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. The area was subjected to repeated floods.
2. There are keeping a lot fewer dogs at the dog shelter than last year.
3. Kate was kept waiting for an hour before her appointment.
4. There is very little chance of us winning the lottery.
5. We caught him red-handed trying to steal the confidential documents.
6. Details of their wrongdoing were covered up by the company.
7. Much to her delight, she won the lottery.
8. She wanted to pick Stephen's brains about the new project.