C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 19 - Answer Sheet
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Odd as it may sound, this book is actually written backwards.
2. During the meeting, she gave him the cold shoulder.
3. You might have given me more time to prepare for the presentation!
4. Steve's ankle sprain prevented him from participating in the tournament.
5. She was taken in by his lie about his background.
6. They were giving me a hard time for my mistake.
7. When we climbed the mountain, we ran the risk of getting lost.
8. I have no intention of studying that much for the Biology exam.