C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 18
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. This issue is just a small part of the larger problem we're facing.
This issue is just __________________________. We're facing a much larger problem.
2. I don't mind at all Susan taking on the project.
I __________________________ all to Susan taking on the project.
3. The two houses are basically the same.
There's __________________________ two houses.
4. The boss and his staff didn't get on well at all at the start.
The boss and __________________________ foot.
5. The dog is well known for his aggressive nature.
The dog __________________________ aggressive nature.
6. They are still living in the same house, as far as I know.
__________________________ still living in the same house.
7. Mike didn't feel like talking on the phone last night.
Mike __________________________ talking on the phone last night.
8. Why would Kareem be proud of the fact that he didnít complete school?
Why would Kareem __________________________ that he didnít complete school?