C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 18 - Answer Sheet
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. This issue is just the tip of the iceberg. We're facing a much larger problem.
2. I have no objection at all to Susan taking on the project.
3. There's hardly any difference between the two houses.
4. The boss and his staff got off on the wrong foot.
5. The dog is reputed to have an aggressive nature.
6. To my knowledge they are still living in the same house.
7. Mike wasn't in the mood for talking on the phone last night.
8. Why would Kareem pride himself on the fact that he didnít complete school?