C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 17 - Answer Sheet
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Although I am not averse to Paris, Lyon is my favourite city in France.
2. Can I take it as read that you already know about the meeting tomorrow.
3. The cost of university tuition is getting higher.
4. It stands to reason that you want to read the contract very carefully.
5. Hardly had lunch began when someone fell off a chair.
6. Please keep this information to yourself.
7. The politician was accused of having turned a blind eye to bullying in her office.
8. I waited for my mum to finish cleaning the table before I sat down.