C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 16 - Answer Sheet
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Sarah can pick up languages more quickly than others.
2. Anyone's name on that list that you don't know, cross them out.
3. Having worked in the fashion industry for years, Julie knows the ropes.
4. Despite her nerves, she put on a brave face and entered the haunted house.
5. Had it not been for the seatbelt, he would have been seriously injured.
6. Lisa had an early night because she was tired.
7. This vegan cake certainly surpassed my expectations.
8. I have no idea whatsoever what happened at the party.