C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 15
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. I didn't know about the changes in the schedule.
I was __________________________ schedule.
2. I prefer to keep far from the water.
I'd __________________________ so close to the water.
3. Amber completely ignored the parking fine stuck to her window.
Amber __________________________ fine stuck to her window.
4. I changed my mind about whether I should take that job.
I __________________________ whether I should take that job.
5. Their marriage endured, through good times and bad.
They stayed together __________________________.
6. John was given the impression that he was going to get promoted.
John was __________________________ going to get the promotion.
7. You've forgotten your keys on other occasions.
It's __________________________ you've forgotten your keys.
8. Whether or not I go to the party is none of your business.
It's __________________________ if I go to the party or not.