C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 15 - Answer Sheet
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. I was unaware of the changes in the schedule.
2. I'd rather not be so close to the water.
3. Amber took no notice of the parking fine stuck to her window.
4. I had a change of heart about whether I should take that job.
5. They stayed together through thick and thin.
6. John was led to believe he was going to get the promotion.
7. It's not the first time you've forgotten your keys.
8. It's of no concern of yours whether I go to the party or not.