C2 Proficiency (CPE) >> Key Word Transformations Worksheets >> The fourth part of the 'Reading and Use of English' paper in the C2 Proficiency Examination is Key Word Transformations. In this part, a sentence is followed by a key word and a second sentence which has a gap in it. A student must use the key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Key Word Transformations Worksheet 10
For each sentence, use between three and eight words in the space provided so that the second sentence has the same meaning as the first sentence. You must use the word given in bold without changing it in any way. Remember, contractions such as I'm or shouldn't count as two words.
1. Kids and seniors are much more prone to infection than others.
Kids and seniors __________________________ easily than others.
2. It's highly unlikely that we'll promote Debbie this summer.
There's very little __________________________ being promoted this summer.
3. I'd prefer to be given the opportunity to work with other colleagues.
I think it would be better __________________________ as a team.
4. Please read the user manual with care before you use this machine.
Before __________________________ this machine, please read the user manual with care.
5. I'd never thought of asking the hotel manager for advice about tourist sites.
It had never __________________________ the hotel manager for advice about tourist sites.
6. The cost of software has gone up a great deal recently.
There has been __________________________ of software recently.
7. It's very difficult for many people to express their feelings.
Putting __________________________ is very difficult for many people.
8. Helga refuses to pay the dry cleaning bill.
Helga has __________________________ the dry cleaning bill.