Modal Verbs of Deduction Practice
Now look at the following exercise and choose one modal of deduction for each space.
- Look at that suntan she has. She MUST HAVE BEEN on vacation somewhere sunny!
- You got every question wrong. You CAN'T HAVE UNDERSTOOD the lesson very well.
- I just tried to ring Kathy but she MUST BE OUT out as there was no reply.
- You CAN'T BE very worried about your exam tomorrow if you're watching TV.
- I MUST HAVE BEEN crazy to buy that car. My wife's going to kill me!
- John didn't say why he wasn't at work. He MIGHT BE ill.
- You MUST BE exhausted after doing all that painting. Have a break.