Advanced Level >> Reading Comprehension >> Your students can always do with some more reading comprehension and different reading styles. In this example, read about a the appeal of 'It's A Wonderful Life'
The Appeal Of 'It's A Wonderful Life'
1. Why is Christmas such a competitive time for movie studios? People have both time and money to spare so many go to the cinema.
2. What was the event that spurred "It's A Wonderful Life" to become such a success? When the film became public domain in 1973.
3. What prevents the movie's protagonist from killing himself? A guardian angel.
4. What does he go on to discover as the movie proceeds? That his life is far better than he imagined it to be - that's it's wonderful.
5. How important are an audience's values in the success of a movie? Quite important, but marketing and timing can be far more important.
6. What did the maker of "It's A Wonderful Life" consider the most important factor in a movie's success or failure? Its emotional appeal and impact.