Subject Verb Agreement Gap Fill Worksheet
Fill each gap with either a singular or plural verb form.
1. Everyone __WANTS__ (want) to know the name of the newborn baby.
2. People __LIKE__ (like) it when you listen to them and not only talk about yourself.
3. The news __IS__ (be) bad, I'm afraid. We won't be coming.
4. We want to know why so much of the money __IS__ (be) missing. Where is it?
5. The leader of the trade union, along with three of his colleagues, his secretary and nine supporters, __IS__ (be) being charged with fraud.
6. "Which suit do you want me to dry clean for the wedding?" "Oh, either __IS__ (be) fine, thanks."
7. 40% of the students __ARE__ (be) very unhappy with the university administration.
8. Four times eight __IS__ (be) thirty-two.