Pre- Words Gap Fill Worksheet 2
Choose the best word for each sentence, using the correct verb form.
precede predict predominate prefer preoccupy prescribe present presume pretend prevent
1. The mayor's speech will ______________ the dedication ceremony.
2. Although meteorologists have gotten better at ______________ the weather, storms still sometimes catch us by surprise.
3. A suspect is ______________ to be innocent until proven guilty.
4. Did the doctor ______________ some medicine for you?
5. My friend didn't pay attention to what I said; she seemed to be ______________ with something.
6. Which color do you ______________?
7. This forest has many kinds of trees, but birch trees ______________.
8. The children were ______________ to be horses.
9. This repellent should ______________ the mosquitoes from biting you.
10. My grandfather was ______________ with a gold watch when he retired.