Phrasal Verbs T, Correct or Wrong?
Look at these sentences that all contain phrasal verbs that all begin with the letter T. Which phrasal verbs are being used correctly? Is each sentence Correct or Wrong?
- I tried to take a faulty watch back to the store, but they wanted the receipt which I didn't have.
- If you had a distant relative who showed up at your door without money or a home, would you take them in?
- Are you determined to leave home or could I talk you up from it?
- Don't throw up this idea without listening to it first.
- I need to top up my cell phone credit.
- I managed to track out my uncle, who I haven't spoken to in nearly twenty years, in Detroit.
- Carl offered me $200 for my iPod but I turned it down. I use it every day.
- With new investment, we can turn this company about.