Phrasal Verbs R-S, Correct or Wrong?
Look at these sentences that all contain phrasal verbs that all begin with the letters R and S. Which phrasal verbs are being used correctly? Is each sentence Correct or Wrong?
- Reach out to some of your friends and see if they'd be interested in helping us.
- We tried to rent up our old house near the beach, but nobody was interested in it.
- We spent six months trying to root up rats in the house.
- Bob will never get married because he scares off every woman he meets.
- The manager asked his secretary to see out the salesman.
- The original company was set out in 1955 and my father took over in 1961.
- Don't disturb me on Sunday as that's the only day I get to sleep in.
- When the bank manager was found guilty of fraud, he had to stand by from his job.