Phrasal Verbs M-P, Correct or Wrong?
Look at these sentences that all contain phrasal verbs that all begin with the letters M to P. Which phrasal verbs are being used correctly? Is each sentence Correct or Wrong?
- It got dark quickly and we were lost so we made for the nearest lit house.
- We will have to mark off these old books if we want to sell them quickly.
- Have you already moved onto your new apartment or is it not ready yet?
- Cathy opened up about her ex-husband last night. It was very sad to listen to.
- I'm not owning off to anything I didn't do! I'm innocent.
- Why are you trying to pass off that man as your boss? You don't even know him!
- I picked out a lot of Spanish just being on vacation for two weeks in Mexico last year.
- My laptop is playing up again. I only bought it a few months ago!