Phrasal Verb Generator 8
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. I've ___________ but nobody seems to know what time the concert will finish on Saturday. Do you know?
2. Kelly and her friends argued because Kelly felt they didn't ___________ her ___________ in the dispute she had with her high school.
3. ___________, mom! Don't get so upset, I said I'll be back by ten o'clock at the latest.
4. The local agricultural fair has been ___________ due to many of the farm animals falling ill.
5. We were so close to finalizing the contract, but it ___________ at the last minute due to the customer having financial concerns.
6. Tom Law missed four days of school last month after his grandmother ___________. The school sent a condolence card to the family.
7. Cabbage Patch Dolls were a type of cuddly doll that really ___________ in the Eighties. Everyone went crazy for them!
8. "These batteries are dead. ___________ them ___________." "No, we have to take them to a proper disposal place. You can't put old batteries in the trash!"